House Committee on Business and Industry - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Examine Title 11 of the Texas Property Code to determine if the various independent statutes are sufficient to protect the interest of homeowners and homeowners associations. Consider whether Title 11 should be consolidated with other laws.
- Study and report on third-party liability issues involving workers' compensation, including the frequency and success rates of third party litigation, the relationship, if any, between third-party litigation and jobsite safety, the adequacy of compensation and reimbursement to workers, and the economic costs of third-party litigation and equitable and contractual subrogation in construction activities. Joint Interim Charge with House Committee on Judiciary and Civil Jurisprudence
- Review the Unemployment Compensation Fund and its impact on business taxpayers to determine whether changes may be made to stabilize the fund in times of economic contraction without imposing an undue economic burden on businesses. Determine whether modernizations should be implemented to make the fund more efficient and effective. Joint Interim Charge with House Committee on Technology, Economic Development, and Workforce
- Examine ways to increase the creation of jobs in the Texas manufacturing industry.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.