House Committee on Insurance - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Study title insurance rates and whether changes to the current ratemaking process would be beneficial to consumers.
- Examine the Texas Department of Insurance's (TDI) recently adopted Procedural Rule P-5.1, allowing a title insurance company to issue a policy containing a general exception from coverage for minerals. Determine whether Procedural Rule P-50.1, governing the use of the Minerals and Surface Damage Endorsements Forms (T-19.2 and T-19.3), should result in a different rate schedule for policies. Study the appropriateness, feasibility, and sustainability of title insurance companies writing the type of policy now required by P-50.1.
- Study whether a new system or process should be employed to expedite appeals by insurers against TDI in homeowner's rate cases.
- Monitor implementation of the Healthy Texas insurance program established by SB 78 81st R.S..
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.