House Committee on Land and Resource Management - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Evaluate the appropriateness of creating pedestrian-only areas on the public beaches of the state.
- Examine unresolved issues relating to eminent domain legislation introduced during the 81st Legislative Session. Monitor any pending litigation.
- Examine the granting of easements on state-owned lands, including lands managed by institutions of higher education and the General Land Office.
- Study the causes of coastal erosion along the Texas coast. Evaluate current and alternate funding sources. Review federal programs and their relationship to the state program.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.