House Committee on Ways and Means - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Monitor the revised franchise tax and identify changes to simplify the tax and improve compliance and fairness.
- Examine the state's major tax exemptions to determine how the current costs and benefits compare with the original legislative objectives. Make recommendations for adjustments as needed.
- Study methods for improving the quality and uniformity of, and communications to taxpayers about, property tax appraisals.
- Evaluate the impact of the transfer of administrative law judges from the Comptroller's Office to the State Office of Administrative Hearings on the dispute resolution process.
- Study the tax structure as applied to cable versus satellite service to determine if any unfair competition results from state tax policies.
- Monitor the implementation of property tax appraisal and alternative valuation appeal reforms enacted by the 81st Legislature.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.