House Committee on Natural Resources - 75th R.S. (1997)
- Study issues related to dam safety, including the condition of dams and the legal authority and financing necessary to make needed repairs.
- Monitor the implementation of HB 1542 75th R.S., including the use and effectiveness of wastewater facility general permits and the potential for expanding the types and number of facilities that could be regulated by such permits.
- Evaluate the benefits of the House Rules requirement that a committee chair send certain bills and joint resolutions creating water districts to the Legislative Budget Board for a water development policy statement.
- Review the continued need for exemptions and exceptions to permitting found in Section 36.117, Texas Water code, and potential impacts on groundwater supplies and groundwater conservation districts.
- Conduct active oversight of agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
- Study the success of rainfall enhancement programs in Texas and evaluate the role of the state's participation in such weather modification efforts.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.