House Committee on Pensions and Investments - 75th R.S. (1997)
- Review the laws governing investments and investment practices to identify differences among them. Determine the value, if any, of making the laws more consistent with one another.
- Examine the status of the TRS-Care health insurance program for retired teachers. Study options for ensuring the long-term viability of the program.
- Examine the advantages and disadvantages of offering long-term care programs for state employees and teachers. The programs should be financed entirely by members and should create no additional cost to the state or political subdivisions.
- Examine the impacts, if any, on the major funds subject to investment restrictions contained in Article IX, section 174 of HB 1 75th R.S..
- Conduct active oversight of agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
- Examine the projected funding deficit facing the Employees Retirement System Insurance Program.
Hugo Berlanga (Member) resigned 5/12/1998. Jaime Capelo (Member) appointed 5/13/1998.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.