Senate Committee on Government Organization - 82nd R.S. (2011)
- Investigate the costs and benefits of cost-effectiveness analysis in state agency rule making and consider the development of cost-effectiveness standards for all state agencies.
- Examine ways to ensure the protection of state information and electronic data from unauthorized access and cyber threats.
- Study the state bidding process, auto-renew clauses in contracts, and contract management protocols to ensure truly competitive bidding and the highest-quality service for taxpayers at the best price.
- Evaluate state policy regarding energy savings performance contracts and determine whether policy changes are needed to ensure that state agencies and institutions of higher education obtain their contractually guaranteed savings so that all contract costs are recovered.
- Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Senate Committee on Government Organization, 82nd Legislature, Regular and Called Sessions, and make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, and/or complete implementation.
Senator Rodney Ellis, Chair, 1/28/2011-10/4/2012. Senator Judith Zaffirini appointed Chair and Senator Ellis, Member, 10/4/2012 (Press release, Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst, 10/4/2012).
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.