House Committee on County Affairs - 82nd R.S. (2011)
- Study county-related issues arising from population growth in unincorporated areas with regard to existing and new developments and the provision of services, including garbage disposal, fire protection, road maintenance, electricity, and water and wastewater service. Make necessary legislative recommendations for improving problems in these areas of the state.
- Study opportunities for cost savings through the abolishment of certain elected offices or the consolidation of county services.
- Conduct a general study of issues facing county jails. The study should include innovative ways to address overcrowding, the impact homelessness has on the county jail population, and recommendations for handling inmates undergoing detoxification and withdrawal from drugs and alcohol.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction and the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 82nd Legislature.
- Study and make recommendations for significantly improving the state's manufacturing capability.
- Find ways to increase transparency, accountability and efficiency in state government.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.