House Committee on Culture, Recreation, and Tourism - 82nd R.S. (2011)
- Evaluate strategies to control known existing invasive aquatic species, including species commonly referred to as giant salvinia (Salvinia molesta), water hyacinths (family Pontederiaceae), and zebra mussels (family Dreissenidae).
- Study and make recommendations for improving deer breeder compliance with existing laws and regulations.
- Recommend approaches to improve long-term funding for state park acquisition, development, and maintenance.
- Study the effects the drought and wildfires have had on tourism and recreation in Texas. Make recommendations for ways to prevent future losses.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction and the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 82nd Legislature, including the General Land Office's implementation of HB 3726 82nd R.S., regarding the administration of the Alamo.
- Study and make recommendations for significantly improving the state's manufacturing capability.
- Find ways to increase transparency, accountability and efficiency in state government.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.