House Committee on Elections - 82nd R.S. (2011)
- Examine the benefits and risks of using mobile voting stations in Texas.
- Examine ways to more clearly define a residence address for voter registration purposes, giving special consideration to college-age students.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of the MOVE Act on the state and on municipalities. Make legislative recommendations, as needed, to ensure a smooth implementation of the law. (Joint with the House Committee on Defense & Veterans' Affairs)
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction and the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 82nd Legislature.
- Study and make recommendations for significantly improving the state's manufacturing capability.
- Find ways to increase transparency, accountability and efficiency in state government.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.