House Committee on State Sovereignty, Select - 82nd R.S. (2011)
- Study and evaluate constitutional methods by which states may encourage the proper balance of power between the federal and state governments. Include an evaluation of interstate compacts as well as the effects on state sovereignty of conditional federal grants, commandeering of state officials, and federal laws requiring coordination with local governments.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction and the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 82nd Legislature.
- Study and make recommendations for significantly improving the state's manufacturing capability.
- Find ways to increase transparency, accountability and efficiency in state government.
- Monitor developments regarding the Interstate Health Care Compact in other states and at the federal level. Offer appropriate recommendations to facilitate Texas' participation in the compact if it is approved, including recommendations on the processes by which the state would consider its options under the compact and make related decisions.
Established under Rule 1, Section 16 (Proclamation, Speaker Joe Straus, 2/9/2011).
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.