Senate Committee on Natural Resources - 67th R.S. (1981)
- Conduct a study to make a determination that the newly implemented nuclear and industrial waste disposal law is positive, designed to mandate the safest locations for disposal and transportation, and is adequately enforced.
- Study legislative alternatives for encouragement of renewable energy resources including incentives on the local level for policy formulation.
- Study the conflict of interest between coastal home-rule cities and offshore oil interests regarding the issue of annexation.
- Study problems relating to reports of declining numbers of redfish and speckled sea trout in Texas coastal waters and determine the reasons for the wide variance between statistics relating to Texas redfish and speckled sea trout released by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and those released by federal and independent studies.
- Study water issues relating to ground water supplies across the state including the impact of depleting aquifers of areas where irreplaceable water supplies exist.
- Implementation, in coordination with Texas A&M at Galveston and the Texas Coastal and Marine Council, of a study on navigation safety and the need for a maritime risk management program along the Texas coast, including the efficiency of the U.S. Coast Guard and the Department of Transportation in regulating coastal marine traffic.
- Conduct a special interim study on marine accretion and the use of cybernetic architectural devices for coastal reef protection, erosion control, and restoration and construction of wharves, piers and other similar structures on state-owned water bottoms.
John Wilson (Member) died 9/19/1982.
Charged by SR 65, SR 450, and SR 719.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.