House Committee on International Trade and Intergovernmental Affairs - 85th R.S. (2017)
- Review the state's communications with the federal government in response to Hurricane Harvey. Identify best practices and make recommendations for improvements to ensure the state maximizes federal resources in future emergencies.
- Review the current state of infrastructure at Texas' international shipping ports and border ports of entry in Texas. Identify transportation-related impediments to international trade and estimate the impact of those challenges, including border wait times, on the state's economy. Make recommendations for improvements to facilitate international trade and economic growth. (Joint charge with the House Committee on Transportation)
- Monitor developments with international trade agreements, including NAFTA, and review the impact of proposed and enacted changes on the state's economy.
- Review the current trade relationship between Texas and Cuba and evaluate the potential impact of opening the trade relationship. Make recommendations to facilitate an increase in trade in the event federal restrictions are loosened.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the Committee’s jurisdiction and oversee the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 85th Legislature.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.