House Committee on State Affairs - 85th R.S. (2017)
- Evaluate the response of the electric utility industry to Hurricane Harvey. Determine whether current rules and regulations hinder effective responses to natural disasters in areas within the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) and outside ERCOT. Evaluate policy initiatives, best practices, and the effects of expanding distributed generation in order to restore electrical power, critical services, and infrastructure in areas impacted by a natural disaster. Study the impact of expanded distributed generation and advanced technology deployment on wholesale electric power prices and their impact on ratepayers.
- Evaluate the durability and reliability of energy efficient buildings and facilities during natural disasters.
- Examine the use of television white space and other technologies to expand broadband access to areas with no access or limited access.
- Examine the liability of certain electric utilities that allow the public recreational access to land they own, occupy, or lease.
- Monitor the implementation and ongoing litigation of S.B. 4 (85R).
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the Committee's jurisdiction and oversee the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 85th legislature.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.