House Committee on Agriculture and Livestock - 87th R.S. (2021)
Monitor the agencies and programs under the Committee’s jurisdiction and oversee the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 87th Legislature. Conduct active oversight of all associated rulemaking and other governmental actions taken to ensure the intended legislative outcome of all legislation, including the following:
- HB 2089 87th R.S., relating to the detection and mitigation of plant pests and diseases;
- SB 1 87th R.S., Rider 27 (Department of Agriculture), which relates to determining methods to increase the number of grocery stores in food deserts; and
- SB 1 87th R.S. Rider 28 (Department of Agriculture), which relates to the Experimental Use Program for feral hog abatement.
- Study the access of the state’s agricultural industry to available capital through loans, grants, or other sources. Make recommendations to ensure the agricultural industry has sufficient access to available capital, as well as how the Texas Department of Agriculture can educate farmers, agricultural producers, and others about available sources of capital.
- Study the impact on agricultural operations, including the operations of dairy facilities, of governmental and regulatory requirements and practices including those that prevent or prohibit an activity that is a normally accepted agricultural practice, and make recommendations to facilitate and encourage agricultural and dairy production in the state.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.