House Committee on Business and Industry - 66th R.S. (1979)
- Study existing statutes and regulations pertaining to condominium housing, comparing these provisions with laws in other states, and determining the possible need for statutory revision. In addition, consider the need for building standards for condominium housing and other related matters.
- Review legislation enacted during the 66th Regular Session of the Legislature regarding landlord/tenant relations to determine its effectiveness and further undertake an in-depth study of laws in this regard.
- Investigate the structure and operations of state and local housing authorities. Determine the housing authorities effectiveness in meeting housing needs in Texas, currently and in the future.
- Determine the effectiveness of the Texas Industrial Commission's office in Mexico City to ascertain what structural and funding changes could improve office operations, promote tourism, and enhance international relations with Mexico.
- Prepare a list of all events in Texas financially supported by the Texas Commission on the Arts to determine the economic benefits to both the local areas and the state resulting from these events.
Oversight functions shall be conducted for all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 66th Regular Session of the Legislature. These agencies include:
Texas Commission on the Arts and Humanities
Board of Architectural Examiners
Real Estate Commission
Tourist Development Agency
Board of Registration of Public Surveyors
Texas Film Commission
Plumbing Examiners Board
Texas Surplus Property Agency
Board of Registration for Professional Engineers
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.