House Committee on Ways and Means - 66th R.S. (1979)
- Consider the problem of the effect of Sections 26.02 and 26.03 of the Property Tax Code on Article 12.01(b) of the Franchise Tax Statute. *
- Review the problem of determining place of business for local sales and use tax purposes.*
Study the impact of the implementation of the Tax Relief Amendment and of the Property Tax Code:
(a) monitoring the promulgation of rules and regulations and manuals for implementation of agricultural and timber valuation;
(b) monitoring impact upon various taxing units;
(c) studying ad valorem tax exemptions and their impact; and
(d) studying the revenue impact of the .0001% assessment ratio for the state ad valorem taxes.
Oversight functions shall be conducted for all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 66th Regular Session of the Legislature. The agencies include:
State Comptroller of Public Accounts
Evaluate the sales tax, both the state 4% sales tax and the local sales tax, as to:
(a) impact upon local units of government
(b) exemptions from the sales tax and impact on state revenue, and
(c) impact of SB 582, 66th R.S.
- Study taxes paid by business entities: an overall look at franchise, property, sales, gross receipts, and other taxes paid by business in Texas.
- Evaluate alternate sources of revenue for local governments and their potential impact.
- Update the State Revenue Handbook.
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.