House Committee on Judicial Affairs - 66th R.S. (1979)
- Oversight functions shall be conducted for all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned for appropriative purposes during the Sixty-sixth Regular Session of the Legislature. These are: Supreme Court of Texas, Courts of Civil Appeals, State Bar of Texas, Board of Law Examiners, State Commission on Judicial Conduct, Judiciary Section, Comptroller's Office.
- Study the use of masters and other parajudicial personnel as a method of easing caseloads in certain courts.
- Identify concurrent jurisdiction in civil cases among the trial courts in Texas and make appropriate recommendations.
- Review court systems in other states.
Undertake a comprehensive study of the Family Code with recommendations as to recodification.
- Study the need and benefits of having regional medical examiners in determining deaths caused by sexual abuse, child abuse, drugs and alcohol.
- Study the needs of the Courts of Civil Appeals.
- Determine the support services needed by the Supreme Court and recommend appropriate funding.
Ben Reyes (Member) resigned 1/2/1980.
Albert Luna III sworn in 1/25/1980.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.