House Committee on Insurance - 72nd R.S. (1991)
- Monitor and oversee legislation enacted during the 72nd Regular and Special Called Session that was considered by the Insurance Committee; Performance Audit Review Recommendations; and any agency-initiated changes.
Carry out budget and oversight responsibilities for all agencies, boards, and commissions listed in Rule 3, Section 18.
A. Monitor and oversee documentation of salary increases.
B. Verify the number and status of outcomes and outputs as identified in the Appropriations Bill (HB 1, 72nd Legislature, 1st Called Session).
C. Review agencies' existing performance standards and determine whether new standards are needed.
- Monitor and coordinate with the Texas Health Policy Task Force as it relates to accessible and affordable health care insurance.
- Study no-fault auto insurance.
- Study title insurance: condition of the market and cost study.
- Study the impact on current Texas insurance policies of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Study supervision, conservation, and liquidation of insurers.
- Study cancellation of personal auto insurance of the elderly.
- Study modifications of rate regulation in Texas concerning auto and fire allied lines.
- Study establishment and regulation of dental referral plans.
- Study credit life and credit accident and health regulation.
- Study the impact of mental health insurance coverage as it relates to mental health treatment recommendations and psychiatric hospitalization. Coordinate with the Committee on Human Services' study on adolescent psychiatric care.
- Review the operation of the Texas Catastrophe Property Insurance Association*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.