House Committee on Elections - 74th R.S. (1995)
- Study how the State of Texas can be removed from the U.S. Justice Department's enforcement of the Voting Rights Act.
- Study problems associated with early voting by mail.
- Review election legislation that passed the House, but died in the Senate during the 74th Regular Session, specifically HB 483 74th R.S.; HB 1859 74th R.S.; HB 2239 74th R.S.; HB 2241 74th R.S.; and HB 2243 74th R.S..
- Study the feasibility of moving the primary election date. Consider not holding a separate presidential primary.
- Conduct active oversight of agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction, including the implementation of the 1995 Judicial Campaign Fairness Act.
Todd Staples (Member) appointed 2/19/1995.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.