House Committee on Judicial Affairs - 74th R.S. (1995)
- Study the feasibility of developing uniform forms for simple pro se proceedings like uncontested divorce actions involving no property or children and probate proceedings in small, simple and uncontested cases to conform with current law.
- Review current issues relating to jury service, including exemptions from service, composition of the jury wheel and possible variations in jury wheel composition in different counties.
- Review the Probate Code to determine the merits of allowing securities to transfer on the death of the owner by registration of the beneficiary.
- Study parental kidnaping laws that allow for child locations and protect battered women.
- Conduct active oversight of agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
Zeb Zbranek (Member) is not listed in the 74th Legislature, House Journal, committee appointments. However, Zbranek is listed as a member of Judicial Affairs in the following: House Journal index under his name, Texas Legislative Information System committee membership, Texas State Directory 1995, and the transmittal letter in the Committee's interim report.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.