House Committee on Public Safety - 74th R.S. (1995)
- Study procedures for assets seized during arrest, including the authority and jurisdiction of the county sheriff, chief of police and the DPS; and the relationship between those offices and respective county, city and state governing entities. The study should include a review of how the proceeds of seizures and forfeitures are used.
- Study "one-call" and "dial before you dig" legislation.
- Study the Harris County contract deputy program.
- Study water safety laws for revisions that may be necessary to enhance protection of the public.
- Conduct active oversight of agencies under the committee's jurisdiction, including implementation of SB 60 74th R.S. and HB 713 74th R.S..
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.