House Committee on Agriculture and Livestock - 76th R.S. (1999)
- Examine regulations imposed on agricultural operations by different state and federal agencies to identify any conflicts. The committee should also identify instances where state regulations are more stringent than federal regulations for the same program.
- Examine the feasibility of agricultural producers voluntarily constituting agricultural development districts as a means of sharing the benefits of value-added processing.
- Compile an inventory of agricultural research currently underway and recently completed. Assess the economic benefits of the research, identify any duplication, and consider ways to coordinate or more effectively focus research efforts
- Examine and evaluate programs in other states designed to preserve farmland, especially in proximity to metropolitan areas.
- Conduct active oversight of the agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
Ronny Crownover (Member) died 3/26/2000. Myra Crownover (Member) appointed 5/25/2000.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.