House Committee on Higher Education - 76th R.S. (1999)
- Review models and discuss methods for strengthening partnerships between higher education, public education and the private sector to better prepare students enrolling in post-secondary education and to improve college-level retention and graduation rates.
- Evaluate the satisfaction of professional and graduate school programs, the business community and general public with the preparation level of college graduates to determine what changes are needed in course offerings and preparation levels.
- Study trends in funding sources, including tuition, fees and appropriations, and expenses, including salaries, inflation and institution-specific costs to determine if institutions have the necessary resources to achieve their mission.
- Evaluate the need for additional flagship and research institutions to determine necessary changes in the governance structure of higher education systems and institutions.
- Monitor the impact of HB 588 75th R.S., in increasing the diversity of students in college and the performance level of students admitted under the top 10 percent plan. Evaluate ways to increase the diversity of students in graduate-level and professional-degree programs.
- Conduct active oversight of the agencies and institutions under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.