House Committee on Judicial Affairs - 76th R.S. (1999)
- Study the need to revise Texas law on hate crimes.
- Review and assess the success of specialized drug courts in other states.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the appellate court system, including issues related to the selection of appellate judges, judicial redistricting, efficiency of handling workload, overlapping appellate districts and forum shopping.
- Review the need for the Judicial Districts Board.
- Conduct active oversight of the agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.