LRL Home - Committees - Committee overview
Committee on Vocational-Technical Education - 61st R.S. (1969)
Continue the study of vocational-technical education which was initiated by the committee created by SR 153 of the 60th Legislature. The Senate Committee on Vocational-Technical Education be requested to review the overall problems of vocational-technical education, placing particular emphasis on
(1) the recruiting, training, and certifying of teachers of vocational and technical education;
(2) the study of the administration of current programs;
(3) the level and format of state, local and federal funding, pointing to problems of districts with large numbers of disadvantaged or non-college-bound students;
(4) the problems of articulating secondary, post-secondary, technical institute, and private trade school programs; and
(5) plans to improve the adequacy of present and proposed programs.
Appointed by Lieutenant Governor pursuant to SR 317 (Senate Journal appendix, 61st Regular, p. 2325).
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.