Natural Fibers and Textile Development - 61st R.S. (1969)
- James L. Powell
- Dan Pustejovsky
- C.C. Scruggs
That a special interim committee of nine members to be called the Natural Fibers and Textile Development Committee , be and is hereby created to continue the study initiated by the Natural Fibers Study Committee of the 60th Legislature, and the committee be directed to proceed as follows:
(1) review recommendations of the original Natural Fibers Study Committee and work for their implementation wherever possible;
(2) make studies and secure cooperative studies wherever possible relating to the potential of fiber blends of all types including an evaluation of the economics of use of synthetics in combination with natural fibers;
(3) develop a survey with assistance of cooperative studies pertaining to the export market potential for natural fibers;
(4) explore the potential of further processing, manufacturing, fabricating, and merchandising Texas natural fibers and fabrics, as well as finished goods in Texas, in order that the state may take advantage of an increased share in the seven-billion-dollar potential from this industry, which was delineated by the 60th Legislature's Natural Fiber Study Committee;
(5) appoint such advisory groups or consultants as necessary to complete the work of the committee; and
(6) obtain the assistance of appropriate state agencies and private groups in carrying forward the work of the committee.
Appointed by Lieutenant Governor (Senate Journal appendix, 61st Regular, p. 2326) and Speaker 10/30/1969 (House Journal, 61st Regular, p. 3490), pursuant to HCR 118.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.