Senate Committee on Charitable Bingo, Interim - 74th R.S. (1995)
- Study whether the Texas Lottery Commission has sufficient legal authority to exercise strict control and close supervision over all facets of charitable bingo and make recommendations to ensure the Commission has the regulatory tools to fulfill that responsibility.
- Study the existence of or potential for unfair or anti-competitive practices in the charitable bingo industry and make recommendations for preventing or eliminating such practices.
- Determine whether additional resources are needed by the Texas Lottery Commission to ensure that charitable bingo gaming is conducted for the purposes authorized by the voters and by statute.
- Oversee the implementation of HB 3021 74th R.S., and make recommendations for changes in that legislation, if needed.
- Propose to the 75th Legislature a recodification of the Bingo Enabling Act, if necessary.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.