Senate Committee on Public School Facilities, Interim - 73rd R.S. (1993)
- Study and make recommendations regarding the state's participation in the funding of public school facilities to address the equity issue of school finance.
- Study the current method of funding public schools to determine the best method of allocating state resources and assistance for educational facilities.
- Study and make recommendations regarding the distribution and source of any state funding for school facilities.
- Study and make recommendations regarding the appropriate organizational structure for administration of facilities funding.
- Study and make recommendations regarding the I&S tax rates and any limits on past and future bonded indebtedness for the state's participation.
- Review and evaluate methods for determining the needs of school districts for facilities funding.
- Study and make recommendations regarding any additional or other changes that the Committee determines should be made to the Texas Constitution and statutory law that would provide an equitable system for funding public school facilities.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.