Senate Committee on Rural Transportation Infrastructure, Interim - 73rd R.S. (1993)
- To study and make recommendations regarding rural transportation infrastructure system in the state, with emphasis on safety and maintenance of existing farm-to-market roads and substandard bridges located in rural areas.
- Study the current method of allocating funding for farm-to-market roads and substandard bridges located in rural areas to determine the best method of allocating state resources for these transportation projects.
- Study and make recommendations regarding the distribution and source of funding for rural transportation infrastructure projects.
- Review and evaluate methods for determining the needs of counties in constructing new farm-to-market roads and bridges.
- Study and make recommendations regarding any additions or other changes that the Committee determines should be made to the Texas Constitution and statutory law that would improve rural transportation infrastructure and provide an equitable system for funding rural transportation infrastructure, including farm to market roads and substandard bridges located in rural areas.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.