Senate Committee on Health and Human Resources Subcommittee on Public Health - 68th R.S. (1983)
- Study the potential risks associated with the use of Ethylene Dibromide (EDB) as a pesticide. Review state and federal regulation of EDB. *
- The passage of SB 906, 68th R.S., established a basis for mutual aid agreements between cities and counties on the provision of emergency medical services. The Subcommittee will followup on the continued effort to assure emergency medical services access to rural areas of the State, including the adequate provision of healthcare for the poor in rural areas and the accessibility and existence of adequate medical facilities and personnel.
- There has been reported a growing concern of the health standards for city jails and the Subcommittee will undertake an initial assessment of present health standards.
- The Subcommittee will monitor and assess referral services for parents of retarded children who need professional help.
- The Subcommittee will monitor and assess the implementation of SR 83, 68th R.S., to the Texas Department of Human Resources on demonstration projects in violence centers, and the monitoring of the implementation of Runaway Youth Demonstration Project.
- The Subcommittee will focus on an initial paper and report on the potential public health impact of AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.)
- The Subcommittee will followup on its previous public hearings held in the Spring of 1983 on the environmental concerns relative to hazardous waste disposal and the long-term effects of the environment on health.
- Because of its continued monitoring of rural health care access, the Subcommittee can support the proposed Task Force on Indigent Health Care.
- The Subcommittee will monitor and assess the impact of the proposed shift of health planning from the federal to the state and local levels, and especially, the feasibility of centralized state health planning or health planning through Councils of Governments, or a combination of both system structures.
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Charges are from Outline of Proposed Interim Studies: September 1, 1983/August 31, 1984. See 68th Legislature Interim Committee Press Releases 1983-4, L1836.68 P926.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.