House Committee on Elections - 71st R.S. (1989)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 9.
- To study systems of public financing of elections.
- To study the feasibility of placing limits on campaign costs.
- To study the effect of federal legislation of Texas voter registration.
- To study absentee voting, including mail and personal appearance.
- To study the financing, filing deadlines and feasibility of moving the dates of primary elections.
No report was issued.
David Patronella (Member) resigned 2/2/1989. David Counts (Member) appointed 3/29/1989.
Member information is from 71st Legislature Interim Committees, L1800.1 In8 71.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.