House Committee on State, Federal, and International Relations - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 30.
- To investigate the possibilities of initiating agreements or permits for Texas shrimpers to harvest in Mexico's Exclusive Economic Zone; explore basis for expansion into other commercial fisheries agreements.
- To study the effect of the continuing Mexican Peso devaluations on the economies of the Texas border areas; devise a contingency plan, in cooperation with other border states, to stimulate border area economy in the event of future economic problems in Mexico.
- In cooperation with the House-Senate Joint Committee on Water Resources, study the possibility of developing state water resources through the importation of water from bordering states, and explore riparian rights between those states and Texas.
- To study the effects of the proposed Simpson-Mazzoli Act on the Texas border area and its economy.
Mary Polk (Member) resigned 2/29/1984.
Nancy McDonald (Member) appointed 5/15/1984. Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, May 15, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.