House Committee on Capital Formation, Select, Interim - 69th R.S. (1985)
- Kent Anderson
- David Burns
- Rick Campo
- Timothy W. Koch
- Freddie Miller
- John Watson
- To analyze Texas' current financial structures and capital needs and examine the state's future financial capital service needs in order to meet desired economic development goals.
- The committee will incorporate a thorough study of state and federal statutory and regulatory systems currently in place and alternatives for the future.
- The study will include an investigation of opportunities available in the state for capital formation for business and economic development particularly in the area of regional vs. national banking and high-tech venture capital formation.
- Also to be studied will be the identification of areas in state and federal laws and regulations which act as barriers to capital formation and the role and scope of state agencies involved in capital formation.
- The committee will also look at second lien financing secured by homestead equities.
Appointed by the Speaker 11/7/1985. (Letters from Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, November 7, 1985. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.