House Committee on Human Services - 71st R.S. (1989)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 17.
- To study the extent of the problem of "throwaway children" that have been abandoned by their parents.
- To study feasibility of obesity prevention programs and the potential impact on reduction of indigent health care costs.
- To study the impact of the shortage of nursing personnel on health care delivery providers, including an examination of the regulation and permit requirements of nursing pools.
- To study the provision of day care services to families with low to moderate income, including the licensing and regulation of providers, the effects of federal welfare and day care reforms on day care services and the potential for expanded public-private partnerships in the area of day care.
- To study current public and private policies relating to child day care and to make recommendations to improve child day care services in Texas.
- To study the development of state policy and strategy for long term care, including a review of policies regarding penalties and sanctions for long term care providers, and to examine unlicensed and unregulated boarding terms.
Ken VanderVoort (Member) appointed 3/29/1989.
Bob Melton (Vice Chair) resigned 8/31/1990.
Jerry Johnson (Member) removed and Charles Hartland (Member) appointed 6/12/1989. (Letters from Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, June 12, 1989. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Signature line for David Counts not included on Interim Report.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.