House Committee on Transportation - 71st R.S. (1989)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 34.
- To study the operations and practices of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit Authority, specifically the implementation of HB 3164, 71st Legislature, Regular Session and HCR 244, 71st Legislature, Regular Session.
- To study the recodification of statutes relating to the agencies and issues under the purview of the Committee.
- To study the implementation of legislation affecting transportation passed during the 71st Legislative Session.
- To study the public benefits and necessity of revisions to the salvage certificate program.
- To study alternate transportation technologies, including monorail, magnetic levitation, alternate fuels and rigid airships.
- To study the creation, operation and funding of rural and small urban transit systems.
- To study the appropriate funding levels and mechanisms for the state's role in aviation.
No report was issued.
Interim member information is from 71st Legislature Interim Committees, L1800.1 In8 71.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.