Fiscal Policy, Select - 68th R.S. (1983)
- Bill Hobby, Chair
- John Fainter
- Myra A. McDaniel
- Prepare analyses of significant spending issues in Texas' state government as well as examen needs and/or demands for state spending and the effectiveness of state spending as well as the effects of changes in state spending.
- Prepare analyses of Texas' state government revenue structure and associated issues including how various elements may be affected by national and state economic conditions.
- Prepare analyses of potential changes in the revenue structure including analysis of how such changes might affect the different segments of the business community and general population
- Prepare analyses of intergovernmental fiscal issues in Texas, particularly trends associated with state and local government in Texas.
- Prepare and publish a "Handbook on Government Finances in Texas" as a result of the committee's studies.
- Communicate alternatives to all segments of the Texas community and seek advice and counsel from those who will be active participants, directly or indirectly, in legislative decision-making.
John Fainter was Secretary of State from 1/18/1983 - 7/31/1984. Myra McDaniel was Secretary of State from 9/6/1984 - 1/26/1987.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.