House Committee on Judicial Affairs - 78th R.S. (2003)
- Perform a needs assessment and cost analysis of the visiting judge program in the state.
- Formulate a system for determining when the creation of new district courts and county-courts-at-law is warranted.
- In coordination with the Texas Legislative Council, review recent decisions of Texas appellate courts and identify those decisions that: (1) failed to properly implement legislative purposes; (2) found two r more statutes to be in conflict; (3) held a statute to be unconstitutional; (4) found a statute to be ambiguous; or (5) suggested legislative action.
- Consider the efficacy and cost of deriving juries from the pool of registered voters versus licensed drivers, particularly in rural counties.
- Review all current court fees and determine what, if any, adjustments should be made to the court fee structure.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction and the legislation passed by the 78th Legislature.
Ron Wilson (member) resigned July 31, 2004.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.