House Committee on Pensions and Investments - 78th R.S. (2003)
- Examine the feasibility, risks and benefits associated with the use of Pension Obligation Bonds in order to reduce unfunded liabilities in municipal and state retirement systems.
- Study the risks, benefits and impact associated with the "retire in place" practice as it relates to the Employees Retirement System, Teacher Retirement System, County and District Retirement System, and Municipal Retirement System.
- Monitor agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction and legislation passed by the 78th Legislature.
- Review changes made to the Texas Employees Uniform Group Program by the 78th Legislature, including the extension of coverage to probation offiers and the increase in age and servie requirements for state employees.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Barry Telford replaced as Vice-Chair 4/13/04 pursuant to Rule 4, section 5(b). (Proclamation, Tom Craddick, April 13, 2004)
Kent Grusendorf appointed Vice-Chair 4/13/04 pursuant to Rule 4, section 5. (Proclamation, Tom Craddick, April 13, 2004)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.