House Committee on State Cultural and Recreational Resources - 78th R.S. (2003)
- Actively study the rules, regulations and statutes which govern Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and the department's responsibilities.
- Review, for the purpose of safety, the discharges of fire arms for hunting and recreational shooting in our state-owned river beds.
- Review the missions and goals of the Texas Commission on the Arts, the Texas Historical Commission, and the Texas State Library and Archives Commission and consider possible consolidation.
- Research heritage, cultural, recreational and historical tourism programs this state is involve din and explore new ways to promote and improve tourism in the state.
- Research the regulation and control of scenic by-ways and billboards.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.