House Committee on Insurance - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards, and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 18.
- To study the feasibility of long term catastrophic care insurance plans including nursing home care.
- To study existing statutes mandating health insurance coverage for certain diseases, disabilities and care provided by certain health care professionals, and evaluate the scope of all mandated benefits.
- To study the proliferation of self insurance plans and the impact of HB 61, 70th Legislature, 2nd Called Session, on the taxation of such plans.
- To study the equity of the current insurance premium tax system and the feasibility of alternatives. (Joint study with Ways and Means Committee).
Jeff Wentworth (Member) appointed June 1988. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, June 29, 1988. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
Kae Patrick (Member) resigned 2/1/1988.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.