House Committee on Public Education - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards, and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 25.
- To study the concept and feasibility of developing a system of performance based funding for public education.
- To study and monitor the development of the Public Education Information Management system (PEIMS) by the Texas Education Agency.
- To study alternative incentive programs for schools where students succeed.
- To study the status of student testing programs and their relationships to college-preparation assessment.
- To study the degree of communication and feedback between universities and high schools on the collegiate performance of beginning college students.
No report was issued.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.