House Committee on Public Safety - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 27.
- To study the extent of overlap and duplication of effort of state, local, and federal narcotics law enforcement personnel.
- To study the impact and benefits of new technological advances in the field of law enforcement, including, but not limited to automated finger print retrieval systems, and automated traffic tickets and stolen vehicle checks.
- To study and compare commissioned law enforcement officers' salaries with cities, other states, and other state employees.
- To study the security systems in federal court houses concerning protection of public attendance.
- Study various gun licensing or permitting laws to carry firearms among the states.
- To study procedures and emergency management that would be required in the event of a national emergency, including attack, terrorism, or other disruptions of essential governmental activity.
Bob Leonard (Chair) resigned 12/17/1987.
Anna Mowery (Member) appointed June 1, 1988. (Letters from Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, June 1, 1988. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Dick Burnett promoted from Vice Chair to Chair February 1988. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, February 3, 1988. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.