House Committee on Cultural and Historical Resources - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards, and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 8.
- To study the feasibility of cooperative efforts by local and state government for tourism promotion.
- To study the feasibility of cooperative efforts with the private sector for tourism promotion.
- To study new ways to develop international and domestic travel markets.
- To study the economic impact of the arts and historic preservation.
- to study the impact on local businesses made by historical preservation.
- To study the coordination between city and state resources and the Regional Historical Resource Depository Program of the State Library & Archives Commission.
- To study the impact on Texas' archeological treasures caused by the elimination of state site and collection evaluation programs.
- To study the public necessity of legislation to protect Indian burial grounds.
- To study British antiquities laws which provide incentives to treasure hunters to return antiquities to the State.
No report was issued.
Member information is from 70th Legislature Interim Committees, L1800.1 In8 70.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.