House Committee on Labor and Employment Relations - 71st R.S. (1989)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 21.
- To study fair bidding practices for subcontractors.
- To study the public benefits and necessity of paint contractors and painter registration.
- To study the public benefits and necessity of an electrician licensing law.
- To study crane safety.
- To study the public benefits and necessity of carpenter registration.
- To study the feasibility of drug free workplaces.
- to study asbestos abatement.
- To study construction safety.
No Interim Report was issued.
Interim member information is from 71st Legislature Interim Committees, L1800.1 In8 71.
Weldon Betts (Member) died 4/6/1989.
Jerry Johnson (Member) appointed 6/12/1989. (Letter from Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, June 12, 1989. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.