LRL Home - Committees - Committee overview
Committee on Natural Resources - 62nd R.S. (1971)
The committee shall:
(1) study the water situation in the state and the federal and state proposals concerning it;
(2) study the changes that may be needed in state statutes concerning water protection and development;
(3) study the organizational structure of all state water agencies and the administration of state laws relating to water;
(4) study alternative methods of financing the Texas Water Plan;
(5) hold hearings throughout the state, explaining the major water problems in the state and the proposals for solving them to those attending the hearings and consider alternative proposals from interested Legislators and the public;
(6) review major water legislation enacted by the 62nd Legislature.
Study the possibility of creating a West Texas Water plan to import water into West Texas and any other possible methods of alleviating the chronic water problems of West Texas.
Study the feasibility of establishing facilities in Texas for the desalinization of salt water for agricultural, industrial, and personal consumption in the state.
Appointed by the Speaker pursuant to HCR 128, HSR 516, HSR 547 and HSR 555. Also knows as the Committee on Water Development, Quality, and Conservation.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.