House Committee on State, Federal and International Relations - 71st R.S. (1989)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 33.
- To study the impact of health, environmental immigration and infrastructure improvements on the economy of the Texas-Mexico border area.
- To study the existing maquiladora programs along the Texas-Mexico border and determine means by which foreign investment and participation can be enhanced.
- To study the implementation and development of the European state of Texas International Trade Offices and the impact of the European Common Market (Europe 92) on international trade in Texas.
- To study the implementation and development of the Asian State of Texas International Offices.
- To study federal allocation of funds in Texas, including defense, research and federal formula programs and the role of the Office of State and Federal Relations.
- To study international agriculture (joint study with Agriculture and Livestock).
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.