House Committee on Retirement and Aging - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 28.
- To study the feasibility and cost of expansion of the shared housing program of the Texas Department of Aging.
- Study the televised advertising of health and life insurance plans aimed at the elderly population.
- To study the state retirement systems.
- To study the current and projected financial condition of the private long-term care industry and examine possible funding alternatives, including the feasibility of tax deductible payments for nursing home care.
- To study the costs and benefits of expanding internal administration of real estate investments in comparison to engaging outside real estate advisors by the Teachers Retirement System.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.