House Committee on Asylums - 14th R.S. (1874)
- Investigate books and accounts and to inquire into the general condition of the Deaf and Dumb Asylum.*
- Investigate books and accounts and to inquire into the general condition of the Institute for the Blind.*
- Investigate the condition of the Lunatic Asylum.*
- Send for books, papers, and such witnesses that they may deem proper for a thorough investigation of said asylums; and take all testimony under the same rules that are prescribed for courts of justice in such cases made and prevailed.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Appointed by Speaker 1/19/1874, pursuant to resolution by Chambliss; Foote and Barziza added 1/26/1874 and committee made a standing committee of the House (House Journal, 14th R.S., pp. 20, 22, 28, 38; resolution offered 1/22/1874 and laid under the table; later taken up and adopted on 1/26/1874).
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.