House Committee on Business and Industry - 79th R.S. (2005)
- Monitor the implementation of HB 1823 79th R.S., to determine if there is a need to further legislate the protection of homebuyers who purchase dwellings under the "rent-to-own" or "contract-for-deed" procedures. There should be particular attention paid to assure that no unintended consequences materialize.
- Study the problem of identity theft, and recommend any legislative changes needed to combat the problem. (Joint interim charge with the House Committee on State Affairs.)
- Monitor the Texas workers' compensation system reforms and implementation of HB 7 79th R.S., by the Texas Department of Insurance and other state agencies. (Joint interim charge with the House Committee on Insurance.)
- Study the powers and practices of homeowner associations in Texas and the possible need for legislation, such as the proposed Texas Uniform Planning Community Act, to address the rules, enforcement, restrictions and other matters with in the authority of a homeowner association. (Joint interim charge with the House Committee on Land and Resource Management.)
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.